Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Bitter Bluecolic - An Introduction.

"If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed"

- Sylvia Plath

Hi there. I'm Blue (da ba dee da ba die, I've heard it all before) and this is my blog, The Bitter Bluecolic. I bet you're thinking there's an interesting story behind that name, huh? Well, there isn't. This is the first of many disappointments I have to offer. I just took some Slipknot lyrics and changed the word "bucolic" to "Bluecolic". For those who don't know, bucolic means 'people or things relating to the countryside'. Logically, Bluecolic means 'people or things relating to Blue'. And that's what this blog is going to contain. Maybe you don't know me. Maybe you have no idea what this blog will be about because you have no idea who I am. Let's change that. Here's a short factfile about me.

Name: Blue.
Age: 19.
Gender: Female.
Location: Scotland, unfortunately. 
Likes: Cats, beer, hot chocolate, marzipan, most types of music, drawing, reading, writing, piercings and procrastinating.
Dislikes: Unexpected loud or high pitched noises, dogs, bigots, the PC brigade, peas, onions, crowded spaces, exercise or anything that sounds vaguely like exercise, creeps and the cold. 
Notable facts: I'm moderately deaf in both ears and wear hearing aids.
I have two cats and I am the leader of the pack. 
I am a raging lesbian. 
I lied about being a raging lesbian. I'm more of a quiet, conservative lesbian. 
I love grammar and spelling. My dream is to be a proofreader. 
My favourite book is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. 
I have a slight obsession with the cartoon cat Pusheen - I have a tattoo of her on my left arm.
I have social anxiety and undiagnosed depression (my family may think I'm being ridiculous but trust me, I know my own brain) and have struggled with self harm and suicidal thoughts. 
That last point was a bit dark but honesty is the best policy and I want you to know what you're letting yourself in for. 
I am VERY verbose. 
You're not seriously going to ask my favourite colour?!

So that's me. Hopefully, you can gauge what this blog will be about. I don't know whether I'll post once a week, once a fortnight or at irregular intervals whenever I feel like it (probably the latter) but it's sure going to be a crazy ride! Stick around, won't you? And feel free to introduce yourself in the comment section! 

7 comments:

  1. You did it! Loving it so far… awesome.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it's like to struggle with depression and social anxiety: I'm one of the (un)lucky ones that has been diagnosed and went through the (nightmare of) treatment. Most people think it's a walk in the park, just like taking a course of tablets, but it isn't that simple.
    I like how you write- it's like really down to Earth and you tell it how it really is! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you have similar problems but I hope you're getting better. I know treatment isn't going to be a magical cure but it seems like a better option than burying my head in the sand for god knows how many more years with absolutely no help. It's a fight or flight thing and I choose fight. However tempting it may be to just go back to sleep and ignore the world, that's not going to work as a long term solution.
      Thank you, I'm really glad you like the way I write. I love your name, by the way!

      Delete
  3. Just some advice? Get rid of the blue writing on a blue background, it's really hard to read...
    ~El

    ReplyDelete